28 dodge help

I recently purchased a 110inch dodge 6cyl sedan. I am 24 years old and i dont know anybody that has info for this car even the library. Fortunately the car came with the 140 series owners manual. My question is, in the manual it shows the vacuum tanks and generator on the drivers side on my car the generator is on the passenger side and i would guess the pump would go on the pass. side along with the carb. On the firewall there are no holes for the pump to bolt onto but there are alot of other holes and a big 2 inch hole none of them are from rest eighter. Unlike other guys im not going to chop or molest this car i want to put it back to original so i dont want to just drill holes in the firewall. Maybe someone could sent me a pic of the fire wall were the pump, junction block and coil bolt onto. thanks for anyones help

Guest 1930

You might want to consider joining the Dodge Brothers club, in that you will start finding peoples names and phone # s that have similar cars like yours. You can start to contact them and eventually you will have a few names of different people that would be very willing to help you. There are alot of good Dodge owners that will help. I have attached here a few pictures that I think might help you, I believe they are a 28 but if I am wrong I am sure I will be corrected. Pretty sure they are 28 though and the car is owned by Gary Gray who is a member of Dodge club and you would be hard pressed to find a nicer guy, if this is what you have than he might help you with more pict. Sorry if this is no help to you, I have a 29 so I cant help you with any more pictures myself. Good luck with your car, it might not be easy but thats the fun of it.

post-48869-143137991444_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143137991446_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143137991447_thumb.jpg

Guest backyardmachinc

hello,

Garys car is a 28 victory 6 and your car is know as a Standard 6 You have machanial brakes as the Victory 6 has Hyd. brakes.I have a 1928 Standard 6 But has more holes in the fire wall then should I would say Garys Victory 6 wou;d be somthing like what you are looking for.email us your mailing addres we will sent you a free catalog

romardb@zoominternet.net

Until next time,

Vern @ ROMAR

ok, now i assume the gas line runs along the passenger frame rail. when i got the car the line was running along the drivers side frame rail. That didnt make any sense because the carb is on the passenger side. so i switched it. also i was told the pump bolts onto the passenger firewall, but there are no holes anywhere on the firewall for the pump to bolt onto. like vern i too have alot of holes in the firewall. I know these are boring questions but i want to get it right. thanks

Ben

Join the Dodge Brothers Club ASAP and buy the CD's of the DBC News. Great resource. The vac tank and starter on the drivers side when viewed with the drivers side hood open. The generator is on the passenger side with the hood open.

Does the engine run?

Keep in touch.

Paul

Ive located the four holes on the drivers side where the vacuum pump bolts bolts onto. So that would mean the gas line from the gas tank would run along the drivers frame rail right?

Paul, the engine does run but it hasnt been started in 25 years. Along with the trans, the motor was rebuilt 25 years ago. When i started it up a few weeks ago, with a seperate gas can hanging over the engine, coolant was leaking out of the head bolt and the coolant in the radiator bubbled from escaping air from the engine. so i retorqued all the bolt in order to 55-60lbs they were 35lbs. now the second cylinder from the back is full of water. Im really hoping its just a head gasket and not a cracked head or block. I havent been able to start it up yet because im trying to figure out the vacuum pump situation. well thats where im at today. Thanks guys for your help.

Ben