Touring the AACA Museum

Guest chopprjok

Guest chopprjok

Hey Guys,

Toured the AACA Museum today. Was surprised to see that there are no DB vehicles in the museum. NearChocolate, I know you live up here, do they rotate the exhibits, or is this always the case? Either way it was a great way to spend $8. It was a nice afternoon of looking at some really beautiful vehicles.

chop

Chopprjok, you should have stopped at the house!! The AACA museum has one DB that I know of, it's a truck. Some of the exhibits stay with the feature cars changing about every 6 months. The feature right now is fins. Now that you know where we are, you need to make plans for the DBC meet in Gettysburg in '10, or next year in Oregon.

Guest chopprjok

I flew in for a meeting at Ft. Indiantown Gap, got there earlier than I expected, so I had the afternoon to waste. It was the perfect excuse to visit the museum. Near, I know you live close by, next time I will let you know a couple of days prior to my arrival. Maybe we can take a look at your car.

I enjoyed the entire museum, I took several pictures of the finned display for my parents. They were kids during that time period, and my dad still swears by his 59 Sport Fury.

I really enjoyed the brass era display though. I have been helping a friend a little with his 1905 Sears, so I took several pictures of the 1900-1910 era vehicles that were on display as you come through the door.

All in all, it was well worth the $8 I spent to tour the facility.

I will probably be back up in a few months for another meeting I will make sure I post prior.

chop