1928 Chrysler 72 Coupe/Roadster

I have a 72 standard roadster that I have been wanting to restore for years now. I have a complete car that was uted many moons ago. I have searched high and low for rear panel without any luck. In my search I have made many friends who have helped so much. I live in Australia and parts for these cars are almost non-exsistent here. Jay Astheimer has helped me with parts and finding parts so I take may hat off to him. I really wouldn't be ready to start restoring without him.

I have a 70G coupe body now less roof so my plan is to make my 72 into a convertible coupe. I have some work to do to lengthen the rear panels infront of the rear guards but I think it will work fine. My other option is to use the coupe rear and shorten my chassis into a "Red Head" style car. I have to do some serious thinking before I go cutting anything!

The only parts I am looking for at the moment is a 72 closed cabin dashboard. I guess if I can't find one of these then my 72 may become a roadster again after all. I like the idea of a converible coupe because the only one I have seen is in a picture for sale on Ebay. If anyone out there has one could you please contact me. It would be great to meet someone with the same car so I could have reference points to work to.

post-55331-143137990417_thumb.jpg

Guest Dean_H.

Great looking car! Since these type cars look so good with long wheel bases, I'd go with your first idea of extending the body panels. Either way, you have an awesome car. Best of luck,

Dean