1936 Dodge Upholstery

Hi I am helping my grandparents restore their baby.

It is a 1936 Dodge Business Coupe. We have completed many things and are now moving to the interior. I am having a hard time finding good information on the interiors of these cars. I would much appreciate it if someone could supply some reputable websites. I am also looking to buy new fabrics, to completly re-do the headliners, seats, carpets, and doors. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Adam V

• 7 months later...
Guest imported_Terry  kean

Adam, Are you planning on sewing the interior yourself or having it done professionally? An industrial sewing machine is a prerequisit if you are doing the work. Your skill level with the sewing machine is another thing to consider. One thing for sure though, if you take your time and do it right you will have a true sense of accomplishment. The work is very rewarding. It is not inexspensive and you could quite easily spend more with training, materials and equipment (not counting rework) than it would cost to have a coupe done at a shop. Choose wisely! Happy Motoring, Terry

Accme Auto Headliner, Long Beach, CA has patterns for all cars and will make an exact copy of the original headliner and sunvisor with their material or you can send your material bought from someone else. If you have a local upholstery shop make the order (becomes wholesale), the cost was almost half of what I could have got it by myself (retail). For my 38 Dodge Touring Sedan they built & covered my sunvisors and made a headliner for $235 using my material to match the rest of my interior (2008 price through a local upholstery shop). Their phone is 800-288-6078 and are very helpful. I bought my wool broadcloth through LebaronBonney and was very pleased with the quality and their help. www.LebaronBonney.com Hope this helps.