Packard rims and axles

Ed Loyens

Hi, I,m new to this forum and also not to handy with this new technogy (computers).I,m restoring a 733 seven pass. sedan ,(along with your help hopefully) which I purchased last year,

I.ve got three Packard disc wheels and one wire wheel which I don,t know what they belong to?

They are 20" and have 8 lugs and a 6 1/2" centre hole.

Also a rear end with a #stamped *126981H8*

Q on the pot.

Also a front axle with no # on the front of the pass. spring perch, but ther is a letter B stamped on the back side of that spring perch, and there are also rised numbers on the inside of the axle casting # D-11 5.55 17A ?????Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

:)I,m working on my 733 , got the body off and finally am getting every thing else power steam cleaned tomorrow, that should get rid of all that old oil and grease.I looked at the steering column and gear box, which is on my bench, and have no idea how to take the steering wheel off. The horn button just unsrews than what????T

thanks for any help Ed

20-inch wheels are correct for a 733. If you're interested in four more wire wheels, there is a set of four north of St. Paul, Minnesota. They are painted black, have new wide white tires, and most of the chrome is new or good. I believe he wants $1,400 for the set... which would probably include the hubs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peter packard

G'day all, The 8 lug wheel was introduced on the 5th Series Six and on the 443 Eight. To my knowledge these wheels were interchangeable up to at least the early Seventh Series. The only difference in the wire wheels is that the 5th to early Sixth Series wires have a smaller hub cap (about 4 inch opening) and outer donut ring whereas the later 6th Series has a larger hub opening and a single cap. In the 7th Series they did away with the eighth stud and have a single wheel cap over the outside of the hub opening. I may be incorrect of course but Chester would probably get a good deal with the wires on offer. best regards Peter Toet