Question for Easily Distracted

sahein

Guest EDBS0

Sahein;<P>Plugs wires and ignition are a good place to start.<P>Firstly I am Kursed with being a perfectionist. My shudder was slight to the point where I could feel it but often others couldn't. Your complaint of acceleration being sluggish and a severe shudder in 4th gear is only remotely similar to mine.<P>There were a couple of things that I was able to do that made a difference. The biggest was to have the RR rim straightened. I am fortunate, there is a shop that does straightening locally. Found it by switching rims from another car and used a pencil while rotating the rims found the bad one.<P>My problem also appeared to be associated with early stages or torque converter lockup failure. At 77k could be your problem also if transmission has been abused. What color and smell does the fluid have? I sold the car after the world's worst paint job was done on it twice so I don't know if it got worse.<P>Also sounds early for timing chain but replacement restores performance.<P>Cheap preventative maintenance ... Redline fuel injector cleaner and fuel filter.<P>Motor mounts could also be at fault.<P>Wouldn't burnt valves demonstrate themselves with a very rough idel?<P>good luck

Guest EDBS0

PS;<BR>Also replaced front left wheel bearing which became noisy. Made an improvement but still slightly there.<P>Good luck, Robert