Need broken ECM

alesco

The ECM in my 88 coupe needs replacement, but GM parts won't take it for an exchange because the knucklehead who had the car before me used an aftermarket ECM. So I beg you, does anyone have a genuine GM-Delco ECM, part no. 16198264 that's broken? If you do, don't toss it in the garbage, give or sell it to me. It's the difference to me of $150.00

Guest Greg Ross

Just out of interest, what is the Dealer Price for the ECM on this exchange basis?<BR>Drop into Auto Zone and price to do your Exchange there, you may be pleasantly surprised.<BR>You've mentioned Dealerships in other Postings, you're new to the Reatta so proceed with caution. It may be a GM Store but their Technicians odds on have never had their hands on a Reatta. <BR>Once you've got yourself a Service Manual do as much of your own trouble shooting as you're comfortable with. Thereafter do your own repairs or seek referrals to Shops-other then GM Dealerships to do your work.<BR>Develop a relationship with one you develop some level of trust with and be loyal."

Guest Greg Ross

Was interested in knowing what GM quoted you for the ECM exchange.<BR>Would now be interested in why after 2 days of ownership you're going to replace the ECM?<BR>You should first off do some searching around this SIte and get a feel for the depth of experience available here. <BR>These vehicles (I have an '88 as well) are prone to, after almost 15 years, some cranky electrical features. This being in many cases due simply to corroded/ oxidized electrical connectors.