Rumble seat latch

Is this a coupe or a roadster? I was under the impression 26's had deck lids and 27's came out with rumble seats. Is it for sure a 26? What is the serial number? I just bought a 27 roadster with rumble seat and have a 26 roadster with trunk. I will be bringing the 27 home in a week or 2, then can tell you more. Don't remember for 100% sure if the handle is on it or not!

It may be a 27 - it is a roadster. The engine I have is a 26 - 6 volt so I called the body a 26 also. It has a rumble seat and the entire latch mechanism and handle is missing. If yours has a handle can you send me photos of the mechanism? It would help if I need to have one made. Many thanks.

The serial number is on the frame, not the body. That is just a body number. Look on the frame above the rear spring hanger on the front spring on the passenger side. That is where your serial number is. Sounds like an early 27 maybe.

I should be picking up my newest 27 roadster this week.

Well, got the 27 roadster home last night. It does not have a latch on the rumble lid. frown.gif

just has a grab handle, the latch is gone. Sorry.

Where do you live? If any where close I would like to compare cars.

Guest imported_RAH

Bob,

Is this the lock you are looking for? I will try to attach a pix of the one for my cabriolet deck lid.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

post-32368-143137989983_thumb.jpg