Engine number stamping

Rooster

I'm having difficulty in reading the engine number on the 1954 block ( 322 ) confused.gif

Is there any significant number sequence or letters pertaining to this year/ model.

Also, we have determined that the dynaflow is from a '55 model so there is a chance the engine may be as well.

Thanks.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Ken, my records show the engine # to be V2987997 with a VIN of 7A8004030. Is that correct? That would put the Roadmaster engine being produced in late January of 54 and the body in mid to late April in Arlington

Have you gotten my emails lately?

Thanks for the confirmation Lamar. I'll have to get out there again and take a closer look. Damn getting older eek.gif the eyes only get worse.

I got most of the numbers correct so will see if the others can be identified for the authorities.

And yes, your emails have been coming through but mine keep coming back. Maybe your spam program doesn't like Rooster ? frown.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

While I'm thinking about it. Not sure if I ever told you but the headlights on Irene are original Guide Sealed Beam 12V and as far as I know only came on the late 53, 54 and maybe early 55's. They are hard to find in any condition. I remember that Irene's had started loosing the silvering so if you replace them DO NOT toss the old ones. I also recall that there is someone actually in AU that restores them by cutting the backs out, resilvering and resealing. Let me know if you know who this is. Just wanted to give you a heads up while I was thinking about it.

post-32987-143137986131_thumb.jpg

I haven't heard of anybody offering that process this side of the country. There are platers that can re-silver the reflectors but nobody who is prepared to cut and shut.

Maybe on the east coast ? I'll ask around. As I recall the silvering is expensive, maybe $200 a pair ?? Someone in our local club had a pair of vintage reflectors done a while ago.

I cheated on the ' 29 and had them chromed. I don't drive it at night so it didn't matter.