Some modifications I've been pondering...

Guest F14CRAZY

Guest F14CRAZY

Any of you guys experimented with black? I've thought the idea of painting the grill flat black as well as a Mustang spoiler. How do you suppose it would look with bright red?

I've increased my awareness with cars quite a bit since my coupe's been on the road (late 2006), including with suspension setups. I don't find that my suspension is/was firm enough for my tastes...I'll have to try out cornering again but the front end still floats over wavy pavement, such as intersections and bridges at freeway speeds. I've had new Monroe Sensa Tracs. With 172k miles + age, would it help to replace the front coil springs? Are the available KYB struts any better? Are there any others available? I intend on replacing all the bushings and using Energy Suspension end links. Can a strut from another GM car be used in place that's better? I can't have the engine and transmission of a supercar and be seen floating like a land barge

BTW, I have to check a trunk sticker, but did our cars have FE2 or FE3 setups?

I removed the grill and painted it matte black ( not glossy but not flat either). Then I carefully removed the black paint on the front of the bars so the chrome shows again. I'm very happy with the look it gave the car. I also added a spoiler but I used one from an Oldsmobile Alero.

Changing the sway bar end link bushings to urethane made a big difference in the handling of my '88 model.

Guest EDBSO

Energy Suspension end links and bushings really torqued down will make a huge improvement!!!

Really tprque them down, use extra washers to really squash the end links out.

I would buy a set with the centre spacer 1/2" longer to compensate for the squashing.

The Reatta will corner almost flat.