F/S 1964 Thunderbird Convertible

1964 Thunderbird Convertible For Sale: asking $39K.

Bird.jpg

I hate to part with this car, but I have purchased a 1912 Cadillac, and it is not physically possible for two cars to occupy the same space. This 1964 model has the soft top which folds into the trunk. The car is 95% stock but easily could be return to stock. Major items not stock are engine accessories and paint.

Though not a frame off restoration, it’s easier probably to say what has not been done to this car. It is a very high quality 2+ condition car but also is extremely reliable for long distance touring. In 2003, 2004,2005 and 2006 it completed 1500 mile tours. One of those tours was in 106 degree weather. I suffered, but the car ran great.

It has won many local shows including Best of Show at the 2005 All Ford Show, 1st place at 2005 VTCI International Meet and second place at the Forest Grove Concours. The paint is a single stage 1964 Ferrari red with a shine a mile deep. Currently the hood is being repainted to fix some minor road chips.

I have own the car for 10 years and everything has been completely rebuilt or replaced.

The 390 CI engine has been rebuilt about 8000 miles ago. It features an Edlebrock performance aluminum intake with a dual feed Holley 670 CFM carburetor. The valve covers are custom made finned aluminum.

Other engine compartment work included:

recored radiator

rebuilt fuel pump, starter, brake booster, steering box and

new generator, MSD ignition box and MSD electronic distributor

ceramic coated exhaust manifold

The front end has been completed rebuilt. Drive shaft was rebuilt and balanced. Rear end rebuilt with new gears. Brakes completely rebuilt with stainless steel brake lines. Exhaust is stainless steel.

The interior has been complete redone with new door panels and leather seat upholstery stitched to the original vinyl pattern. The radio looks stock, but has an internal am/fm electronics. All interior chrome redone along with the polished anodized aluminum trim. All window rubber replaced and window trim was rechomed or repolished. The aluminum grill has been anodized and is straight as an arrow. All bumpers have been rechromed. Tail lights have been modified with sequential flasher circuit to replicate the sequential tail lights introduced in the 1965 Thunderbird.

To protect the car, a alarm was installed with a remote alert.

This car would be a show and go car. Nothing left to do. If you want to drive a mechanically reliable car yet be one of the best looking cars at a cruise in, this car is it.

For further pictures, please go to here.