antique shop equipment

I have many pieces of old equipment from a mid 20's valve refacing machine,an Allen generator growler 6v & 12v,Branick air jack not a one I believe newer than 1960 and some I have never seen before this may sound funny but what do I do with them it would cost a mint to restore them and most are operational. any suggestions please! (besides giving them away)

Guest imported_MrEarl

I'm not sure I understand what exactly you're asking. Are these tools that you just acquired and maybe want to sell or that you've had for a long time or what?

Next to old Buicks I love old tools and shop equipment best. (and both of these of course come after the "old lady") First of all tell us more about your old shop equipment. Tools, like old cars don't have to be restored to be appreciated.I recently bought an old Cornwell tool box and am now in the process of filling it with all names of old hand tools, typically from the 60's and before.Thing is, I needed some additional tools to go in a new addition to my barn so I USE them all.I expect there is a lot of use left in your equipment.

Just enjoy them. If they are your personal items then I know they have some stories to go with them. Please share some pictures of them and what you know about them.

I had an old Allen scope and other old pieces of tools and equipment, that had been following me around for way too many years. I didn't want them, but I didn't want to dump them, either.

When I retired and relocated a couple of years ago, I found a Route 66 museum just a few miles from my home. They gladly accepted the donation, and I still get to see my old stuff any time I drop by, which is several times a year. I can appreciate them without them cluttering up my garage.

• 1 month later...

Bloomershucker here say's hey: In my view I feel YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR THIS EQUIPMENT WHICH MAY STILL HOLD USE OR PRIVATE DISPLAY I SUGGEST LISTING IT IN A RETIREMENT AREA SUCH AS CALIFORNIA OR ARIZONA WHERE CLASICS ARE STILL DAILY DRIVERS. ADD KING is popular in Arizona...........

Guest elmo39

If you are into old cars , keep them and use them . I also have a 1920's valve refacer which was originaly hand driven , i removed the handle and after working out the rpm fitted the appropriate pully and fitted a electric motor (i have kept the handle and it can be put back to original )it is used reguarly for mine and other enthusiasts jobs . i also recently picked up a 1930's spark plug tester and cleaner and that will also be used once i have checked it out .