Rear quarter replacement and lubircation

Hi all,

I am finally getting around to replacing my pass. rear quarter with Jasper's replacement smile.gif Managed to leave the engine in the car in order to get the old window out, but everything else has been removed...LOL or at least it seemed like everything was connected to something else that had to be removed while I was getting the old window/motor out... smile.gif

Anyways... I want to make sure I don't have to go thru this again so I want to lube the replacement up so it has a long life. I used some lithium grease on the rails but am wondering if I should use something else on the flexible rod that moves the window up and down. Like maybe a light weight 3 in one oil? What do the experts say? Also should I do any other maint. on the replacement as long as it's out? Thanks guys and gals.

I added a pic for clarification purposes...

Brian

p.s. any 'tricks of the trade' to getting this in and aligned for smooth operation?

p.p.s. I really need to proof read better before I submit these posts... the correct words are.. lubrication and oil.. wink.gif

post-53470-143137978578_thumb.jpg

I like the white Lithium spray grease, right or wrong I don't know blush.gif I cheated though, I just use a long forcep to point that blue sleeve up and sprayed the grease right down the end of it. Much easier than pulling the whole window just to lube it wink.gif Just kidding there...

What did you mean you left the engine in the car? Are you talking about the window motor? Or did I miss the humor and you meant the ENGINE? As in everything on the TC requires major dissasembly to get anywhere grin.gif

For adjustment there is a limiter for top travel and bottom travel, kinda like two metal stops. I don't think there is any way to estimate how high/low it needs to go when it's sitting on the bench.

Alan

Thanks twin..yes I was referring to THE ENGINE...up front..lol

It seemed like for every 1 item I had to remove, there were 2 items to be removed BEFORE I could remove the the part I was on..lol. And the shop manual...that is more like a "this is the concept" book rather than a "Do it like this" book. jeesh... oh well, it's all in the name of fun..right smile.gif (that's what I keep telling myself..)