39 Dodge is out of Hibernation

Guest 39DodgeD11

Guest 39DodgeD11

Well guys, today i went and got the 39 D11 out of storage. It is a wet nasty cold day so i expected it to start hard, and more than likely not start at all today since the initial crank sounded like a fairly low battery. Anyway, i dumped fuel down the carb and cranked on it for a good 15 sec or so. No luck, so i pumped the throttle some and tried again. This time it fired on a single cylinder so i pumped the throttle some more. The next time it fired and ran on its own with some more fuel in the carb. This has been the easiest most fast start of this car i have EVER remembered!!!!!

Anyway, i drove it out of the building and its sitting along side the building until i can get someone else to drop me off and drive me home. I noticed the wipers weren't working so i did some investigating and i kinda tapped the box behind the wiper pull knob and they started working. Not sure what that was all about. Also after the initial start i heard what sounded like valve noise about 3 times that lasted about 2 or 3 sec and went away and i didn't like the noise at all. I also noticed on the valve cover or head whatever the top part of the motor is, theres a fluid leaking from it on the drivers side right in the middle. I will have to do some investigating on that this summer as well. Anyway, so far with the good start its been a great day. Anyone know where i can buy some new wiper blades for it at? They're SHOT!

Thanks for reading

Zach

Hi, I just picked up a 39 Dodge D11 Deluxe Coupe, I could use some help and parts..need back seat (coupe),rear bumper,all dash gauges,window cranks or some close up photos ..license plate light ,, Spencer , Big Pine ,Ca. This car was laid up up for 40 years.

Hi There

I have a brother ('38 Dodge Coupe) who is currently in Reno, but likely to relocate to Eugene, Oregon in the next 2 years. My brother has quite a few contacts and has been involved with these cars for many years.

Send me a PM if you want his e-mail

I have a '38 Dodge Fastback.

Hi ,1939 Luxury liners are good looking cars both coupe and sedan. I have found Andy Bernbaum auto parts in Mass. good for mechanical parts. Google and Check out their website.Sorry dont have it handy. Keep those cars rolling!good luck from NZ.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dodge Deluxe

Zach and all,

I too have a '39 D11 Luxury Liner, and I agree that they are great looking cars. I'm slowing bringing mine back to life after it being stored for over 20 years. I hope to have it road worthy in a few more months. Andy B. is indeed a great source that I have used myself.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...