Need a source for rear hubs - 89TC-8V

Guest Joe F. O'Neill

Guest Joe F. O'Neill

Hi,

Just got a call from my mechanic saying there are cracks in my rear hubs and the Chrysler dealer doesn't stock them (no sh**) - any help would be appreciated. Car is undergoing State Inspection, so timing is critical.

Guest Joe F. O'Neill

Richard, thanks for reply, but my rotors and calipers are fine. Its the actual hubs themselves that are cracked.

Richard, you have what Joeseph needs, the hub is the 'housing' for the inner and outer bearings, you guys are just calling them by a different name. All TC hubs that I have seen are the same, no changes that I can tell. If you are willing to sell them to Joeseph, the car will not roll after the hub removal so be prepared. I'd like to see him get his car back on the road for summer cool.gif... I have had some really good dealings with Mr Oniel over the years, a very stand up guy!

Joe, if you don't score here, try www.tcparts.com They have many many salvage TC's

Alan

Guest mtworkshop

I'm scrapping an 89. If your hubs will allow the car to be moved - I'll swap my hubs for yours with a bit of "boot." Interested? Send PM.

Mike

Richard,

The wheel goes over the rotor. The rotor goes over the hub.

The lug nuts go on the lug studs.

The lug studs stay on the hub when the rotor is removed.

The rotor has 5 holes that slide over the lug studs.

The hub has the 5 lug studs and the center cover that conceals the rear wheel bearing which is inside the center of the hub.

The hub takes the place of the rear axle that would be on a rear drive car but does not go much past the rear surface of the brake rotor on each side of the car.

I hope this cleared up the question rather than complicated it.

Guest Joe F. O'Neill

Thanks for everyone's help and the great lessons about hubs that has been given to all.

Alan, thanks for your comments.

BTW - your package arrived safely, as soon as the hubs get here, it will be put to good use and forwarded on.

Joe