Wire Wheel Repair on the West Coast

Mark Huston

Can anyone direct me to someone, or a company, that can repair a wire wheel? I have a wire wheel that has non-adjustable spokes, and is missing one spoke. This problem was discovered during the striping process in preparation for powder coating. Now the process is stopped until I can find someone who can repair and replace the missing spoke. I live near Sacramento, CA and ideally I would like to locate someone within a reasonable driving distance in CA. I do not want to ship the wheel because if it was lost in shipping it would be next to impossible to find a replacement wheel. And yes, I have had rare and valuable parts lost in shipping before. Any suggestions?

P.S. The wire wheel that I have is a 19” wire wheel that was only used on the 1929 Studebaker President Brougham. No other year, or model, President used this wheel. This is why I don’t want to trust it to shipping companies.

Guest palosfv3

Check with Jim and Gary Mc Lean at Rally America they are near Sacramento. They did a set of Robergel wire wheels for my Facel Vega and did an outstanding job. They build new wire wheels for early Fords. He should be able to help.

www.rallyamerica.com

Larry

WGM Auto