1927 Chrysler vin

Grant McElhinney

I am presently rebuilding a 1927 Chrysler Model 50, in order to register the vehicle, I need to find the VIN. There is a plate on the dash with an alpha-numeric code on it, but this does not show up on motor vehicle ofice registrations. Is this potentially the VIN for this car? Also, would there be another place on the car (frame, etc) to find the Identification number?

The VIN for 1926-27 Model 50 Chryslers went from FW-000-P to FL-486-E. This is in the dash plate These are the type of VIN numbers listed. Send me an email(listed on site) and I will send you info to show the registration office.

Guest martylum

Don't overlook the possibility they will accept the engine block # which is on the LH side of the block just below the head. Some states registered by engine #.

Sometimes those early Fedco dash plates are rusty and very hard to decipher.

Maartin Lum

Guest martylum

On the Fedco plate-the first alpha is the model #. My encyclopedia shows the 50 series as a Model I so I should be your first digit.(F is for model 58) All the other letters are translated so: WPCHRYSLED are converted to 0 through 9 with W being 0 and D being 9. This will give you a full digitized serial #. Good luck and hope you can read the plate easily.

Martin Lum