Ingersoll Rand 224 Air impact wrench info

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

I am looking at a Ingersoll Rand IR 224 A, air impact wrench to buy. I can not find any info on the net about them. Is anybody familiar with them. It looks to be and I am suspecting they are an older wrench given the 224 #. What do any of the numbers typically refer to? Will appreciate any help

• 2 weeks later...

GatorAirTools.com has this 1/2" impact for $215.00. I have an Ingersoll and it works fine and is more powerful then the cheap tool store kind. Make sure you use a good air tool oil in it as directed. You can also have this tool rebuilt at a good tool repair center. (I do tool repair at a large hardware store for industry and contractors)

Guest imported_MrEarl

Thanks for the reply Tim. I only found a 244A on that site. this is a 224. I think it is an older model thus my concerns about parts. I've emailed IR but have yet to hear back from them. The guy only wants $40 for it but that could be forty spent on a 231 or other newew model.

here's a picture, ever remember workin on one?

IR224.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is an older gun and might need rebuilt ( bearings and motor vanes) these can get expensive. My advice would be to look for a newer unit. Dewalt and Milwaukee make good impacts and parts are available.

I think I have a parts breakdown That I could copy and send to you if you need it.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Thanks Tim, yea I decided to pass on that gun as I suspected it was an older unit and parts would be hard to find. I'm keeping my eyes on Craigs list and of course eBay. thanks for the response!