Side mount cover trim

tbirdman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest martylum

Hi-I found the exact piece in a continuous strip for a 36 Lincoln K which has the same sidemount cover design. I can't find the part # in my notes but think i may have bought from Metro Rubber-Get their catalog and go through slowly. I do not see in the Steele catalog after a brief search but you might call Steele and ask.

Martin Lum

Looked at the Metro online catalog but couldn't find it. I did get some rubber trim from Steele for a 36 Buick side cover which looked pretty close. However looking at the sidecovers tonight, the rubber looked in pretty good shape. So rather than pry the old stuff out as it appears to be crimped in, the first try is just to leave it in. Anyway it doesn't show once the cover is mounted on the car.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest martylum

Sorry I couldn't give you an exact Part # but if you are doing a repaint you might wish to replace the rubber if its hard as it reduces paint chaffing on the tread cover by the outer edge of the side cover. My 36 Lincoln rubber was quite hard and gentle prying around the rolled edge freed up the old rubber.

Marty Lum