Packards International National Membership Meet

Guest BigKev

Well the time has come again for the 2008 Packards International National Membership Meet. While I am a member of PI for their wonderful publications, at this point, this is really the only thing I attend.

The Meet is Feb 1st - 3rd,, 2008 at the Doubletree Hotel in Orange, CA. For more information you can go find it here at:

http://www.packardsinternational.com/pdf/Membership_Meet_2008.pdf

While I wont probably be attending the actual tour or dinners. I will be there on Sunday morning (the 3rd) bright and early for the all Packard Swapmeet. Which is about the biggest one this side of the Mississippi. The swapmeet is free to all, so everyone is welcome. This is where I try to locate any missing parts for my Clipper, and also try to buy and extra parts I may need in the future. Also I will be taking some pictures of wonderful Packards that are always in attendance.

So if you are in the area, stop on by and say hello to me or wish me a Happy Birthday! (It just happens that it keeps falling on my birthday the last couple of years)

Guest imported_Speedster

So, Which is It?

International (worldwide) or National (intranational) laugh.gif

Since Texas is, 'A whole Nuther Country', I need to know. wink.gif

Maybe I can bum a ride with one of my pilot buddies, heading that way. cool.gif

*BUMP*

Just a FYI that this is coming up this weekend in Orange, CA. (15 mins from Disneyland for those that need a landmark).

Why I probably dont be able to attend the actual membership meet and Concourse, I will be there on the Sunday for the swapmeet. So if you are in the area please stop by and say hello. I am usually there between 8am and 10am. Early Bird gets the worm you know!

Guest peter packard

G'day Dave, Good to see that you have included your '69 Triumph Tiger Cub in your vehicle listings. They are a very rare machine. Best regards Peter Toet

Dave,

I was only there on Sunday for the Swapmeet. Friday and Saturday I could not get away as I already had commitments.

There are some superb cars that come out for the show. I was hoping to be able to see some of them on Sunday, but the rain scared most of them off.

It was nice to see that the hotel let some of the vendors move indoors. I was a bit worried when I came around that back parking lot to see it empty!

I would say the Swapmeet was about 25% it's normal size. But it was nice to see that the national vendors, and local vendors did come out to support the show and did stick around even with the rain coming down.

I will post some of the few pictures I was able to take on the Packard Info website as soon as I can move them off of the camera.