35 Dictator--are doors and rear fenders the same???

Guest johnjb

Just a quick question for the group.

Are the doors and rear fenders and front fenders on a 2 door 35 dictator the same as on 35 dictator coupe? OR are the 35 Coupe doors and rear fender unique the the 35 Coupe?

Thanks,

I know four doors have different doors and rear fenders. I am asking about the front and rear fenders and doors on a 2 door sedan (has a back seat) and a two door coupe which has no back seat.

Are they the same or different? I think the front fenders are the same, but the doors and rear fenders may be different--can anyone comment/help clarify?

Thanks, John

Front fenders will be the same. Two door sedan rear fenders should be the same. Coupe rear fenders would likely not be the same as sedan, but would interchange with roadster fenders. Open body styles are most desirable. Two door sedan is probably the rarest closed body style, but the coupe would likely be the most desirable. I don't have a chassis parts book for 1935 and that is where fenders would be, but I do have a body parts book for 1929-46 Studebakers and according to it, two door sedan and coupe doors are not the same. They have different part numbers. I can't tell you what the difference is, though. In 1935 Dictators could be ordered with either a beam front axle(model 1A), or independent front suspension (2A). Most probably had the beam axle.

Terry

Terry

Oops! I lied!! blush.gifsleep.gifI do have a chassis parts book for 1935. It says front fenders for beam axle and independent front suspension cars do not interchange. Other than that they are the same for all body styles. Rear fenders for two and four door sedans are the same, but there was a change made after serial #5501798. Likewise, coupe and roadster rear fenders are the same with a change at the above serial no. I may be wrong, but I think the difference between two door sedan doors and coupe doors is that the coupe doors are rounded off at the top rear corner.

Terry