'65 Special 4-speed car for sale

BrianStone

1965 Special 4dr. sedan with the 300 high compression 4bbl. engine, T10 4-speed and 3.23 posi rear end. I have had the car since 1994. When I rescued it, it was a V6 3-speed on the column car. I immediately swapped in the 300 4bbl out of another '65 and eventually found all of the correct parts to make it into a 4-speed. Don't let that discourage you though--the conversion was done with great attention to detail and the only way anyone could tell this car didn't come this way would be the numbers.

It was completely painted inside and out with PPG base/clear about 5 years ago and has been garaged ever since. New floor pan from a donor car and new trunk floor installed. All of the outside body panels are the originals except for the truck lid--it was rusted through on the edges and I had to replace it.

Engine has a Poston 110a cam, Milodon double row chain and dual point dist. This car runs STRONG and is still very mild manered and great to haul the family around in.

Other goodies:

ceneterforce clutch

polyuerthane bushings in the rear

boxed rear control arms

rear sway bar

front sway bar out of a GS

polyurethane front sway bar bushings

Buick chrome wheels with correct '65 center caps

Excellent set of Goodyear 215 75 R 14 tires (matching set of 5)

Flowmaster 2 1/4 " delta flow mufflers with 2 1/4" pipes all the way

3-row radiator out of an AC car

NOS taillights

re-chromed rear bumper

NOS headlight bezels

Halogen headlights,

Excellent original grille and front bumper

Seats re done in correct material

new floor mat

set of 4 brown trishield mats

Buick 7,000 rpm tach mounted on steering column

chrome trailer hitch with 4-wire plug so you can take a camper or small trailer to the car show with you

PS

PB (4-wheel drum--work excellent)

factory rear radio speaker

working clock

You can drive this car anywhere--I have put over 50k miles on it since I have owned it, less than 10,000 since it was painted/restored. Gets 16 mpg on the highway and runs on 93 octane. I have entered it in many AACA shows and won some trophies with it. I also have an original set of steel wheels I will throw in with it and the original set of dog-dish hubcaps that were on it when I got it.

Asking $9,000 Only sell to a good home.

Contact me at 252-885-6817

or Email stonesautomotive@juno.com