Decoding 1969 Cutlass Convertible Trim Tag

Doug69Cutlass

I bought a 69 Cutlass S convertible a few months ago and am still trying to figure it out. It is a crimson car with red interior and tan top.

I have the Vin decoded (336679Z) as a 1969 Cutlass Convertible built in Fremont, California.

The trim tag is a little fuzzier though. On the top line it reads (ST 69-33667 BF005071BDY). I don't know what the BF005071BDY means. On the middle line is reads(TR 935 52 A PNT). I know the 52 A is crimson with ebony top, but don't know what the TR 935 is. Also on the bottom line is reads (03A 077261 440120). I think the 03A is March 1st week, but don't know what the 077261 or 440120 mean.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Fremont cars have more plant-specific stuff on the TT than the others, for whatever reason. The BFXXX and the numbers on the bottom line are part of those. 03A decodes to built 1st week of March 1969 as you guessed.

TR 935 is the interior trim code and will tell what type of seats the car had as well as the color and fabric. I'm at work and my books aren't handy, but I'll try to get that code for you.