Radio Problem - 1990 TC

andyb

My radio quit working. Everytime I start the car the antenna goes up and the clock starts working from 12:00. Question - Is it my radio or is there some connection that has come loose? Would like some input from you experts before I take it in and pay someone bigs bucks to research the problem. 1990 Chrysler TC

The antenna is powered by a seperate power line in the trunk. When you turn on the radio it connects the innards of part of the radio to that powerfrom the antenna..

the 1st thing to tru is the fuseable link to the fusepanel. Under the hood looking over the fender from the drivers side, the battery will be almost directly under your left hand. Coming off the positive terminal there is a heavy wire, about 8" down the wire is a connector that looks like a torpedo. see if it feels loose, if it does open it and you can spread the 4 heavy brass pieces apart just a little to tighten the connection. Put it back together, follow a little further is a wide connector with about 8 wires coming off of it. Those are fuseable links. Use a sharp test light probe and carefully probe each wire to see that it has juice. (they should all light up) follow each of these to the end (about 4"-6") probe them again and you will probably find one of the grey ones have no juice. If not or then go to the fuse box and check the radio and accessory fuses.. Good Luck, Lou