Red/tan 88 for sale in Attica, Indiana

Guest DTerry

Guest DTerry

There is a red/tan 1988 Reatta at Basic Auto Sales (buy here - pay here) lot in Attica. 154,733 miles, no options. Paint is good, it's a re-spray with no clear coat. No pin stripe. Interior is good except for wear on the driver's seat. Driver's seat is worn, but intact. Has original floor mats. I'm not sure about the A/C; I haven't driven it yet, but everything else seems to work but the tape deck, including lights and antenna. I started it and it idles nicely. No rust - can't be an Indiana car, but the lot owner wasn't there either time I stopped so I don't know where it came from. I didn't check for bondo, but there is no apparent body repair. Stored codes show EO21 current, throttle position sensor. Several others history, but I didn't record them. Exhaust appears original or if replaced, it is original style. No suede, mfg date is 08/88 - late model - 1G4EC11COJB904590, if anyone has a carfax subscription. It's a nice looking car, but the asking price is $5500. The lady watching the lot made it clear that he'll listen to cash offers. She seemed a little taken-aback when I offered $2000. (I could talk my way out of that, but any more and my wife would beat me severely about the head and shoulders; already have 5 cars and she thinks that's too many toys) I drive through Attica every Wednesday afternoon, and would be glad to help if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...
Guest grkman1

Vehicle was a Florida car until 4/2001 her is the report

Report Generated for George Svoronos

For Personal Use Only

1988 BUICK REATTA

1G4EC11C0JB904590

COUPE

3.8L V6 SFI 12V / FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Standard Equipment | Safety Options

CARFAX Vehicle History - At A Glance

? 4 billion vehicle history events checked from public and private sources

? Qualifies - CARFAX Buyback Guarantee

? Last reported mileage - 81,475 miles

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

CARFAX guarantees the information in this section

Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt Guaranteed

No Problem

Fire/Flood | Hail Damage | Buyback/Lemon

Guaranteed

No Problem

Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed

No Problem

GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

Register | View Terms

Not all accidents or other issues are reported to CARFAX

Frame Damage Check

No frame damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported

Airbag Deployment Check

No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

Odometer Rollback Check

No indication of an odometer rollback.

No Issues Indicated

Accident Check

No accidents reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported

Manufacturer Recall Check

Check with an authorized Buick dealer for any open recalls.

No Recalls Reported

Basic Warranty Check

No data reported to CARFAX.

No Data Reported

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Looking for other 1988 BUICK REATTA vehicles like this one in your area?

Search CARFAX Hot Listings for an up-to-date list of vehicles in your area, all with the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee!

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 4 billion vehicle history events and found 13 record(s) for this 1988 BUICK REATTA (1G4EC11C0JB904590).

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:

01/10/1989 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Longwood, FL

Title #46995080 Title issued or updated

First owner reported

05/24/1995 43,403 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lake Mary, FL

Title #46995080 Odometer reading reported for title

or registration

05/26/1995 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lake Mary, FL

09/12/1996 75,483 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lake Mary, FL

or registration

09/16/1996 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lake Mary, FL

03/28/1997 78,000 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lake Mary, FL

or registration

04/01/1997 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lake Mary, FL

11/10/1997 81,255 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Deltona, FL

Title #0046995080 Odometer reading reported for title

or registration

11/13/1997 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Deltona, FL

Title #0046995080 Title issued or updated

11/13/1997 Florida

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Deltona, FL

01/27/1998 81,475 Auto Auction

Southeast Region Vehicle sold

04/18/2001 Illinois

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Decatur, IL

Title #T1108867042 Title or registration issued

Title issued or updated

Correction to record

New owner reported

Exempt from odometer reporting

03/20/2002 Illinois

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Niantic, IL

Title #T2079604475 Title issued or updated

Title or registration issued

New owner reported

Exempt from odometer reporting

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Dave 5 cars are never enough, my wife and I have 9 including 3 Reattas and are looking at a 10th and 11th, you just need to convince her you NEED them, my wife doesn't need any convincing she keeps telling me to BUY.

414901-IMG_2120a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Stopped by today on my way through Attica. Owner said $4500 this time. After a little discussion, he said he'll take $3000 cash. It looks good, but I didn't have time to drive it and check out all the stuff. Anybody interested?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I finally got by when it was daylight and not raining - or snowing. Cold as fluegens, but I weathered it. I have a bunch of pictures that I'll email to anyone interested. It's been sitting so long that the battery was too low to start or operate anything but dim lights and slow seats (On a Reatta? Really?), so I couldn't start or drive it, or even check out the high draw items.

Mileage: 154754

Title: clear

Trade? Not unless he could profit on it. He bought it at auction thinking he was stealing a collector classic.

Belt and bumper color: black

Windshield: good, as is all glass.

Rubber window surround: Not perfect, but good.

Headlights: I think they worked the first time I was there, but battery too low this time.

Taillight lens: good

Interior original: yes

Seats work? yes, not 16 way.

Seat condition: good except wear on drivers seat bottom. Some wear on bolster. Not very pretty, but intact.

Door panels: good except speaker cover has been replaced with what looks like black wool blanket. Ug-lee. Carpet at bottom of right door panel is loose.

Armrest: Intact, but dimpled and ripples as so many are. Cellulite?

Door weather strip: Good, one small tear at bottom of passenger side.

Headliner: Good

Carpet: Okay, faded and discolored somewhat.

Floor mats: Original, not bad but not perfect.

Steering wheel: Good

Dash: Good. Actually really nice. There was enough juice to light up the IP, and it did start the light show, so at least the driver's side door handle switch is good.

Windows: Good.

Power locks: Battery down, but tried to work...moved a little.

Sound system: Battery. Tape door does not lock closed.

A/C: Not converted that I could tell, and couldn't check it out.

Tires: Cooper, tread over 50%.

Wheel condition: Good

Leaks? Don't know. It wasn't sitting in a pool of hydraulic fluid.

Owner's Manual: Don't know. It's an 88 and the battery was too low too open the glove box door. I had to open the trunk with the inside release.

How does it drive? Well, I obviously don't know, and I won't be back until the second week in January. I didn't have time to charge the battery or jumper it. (on my way to work).

If you'd like the pictures, let me have your email address and I'll send a bunch. It's a nice looking car. Not show quality by any means, but pretty. I'd trade my Capri for it...but he's not interested. Maybe in the spring with the top down.....

Nice old VW Convertible bug there. What year is that. We have a Beige 71' with a great working autostick. Just over 100k miles but everything is completely original including the paint.

The bug has been sitting in a temp controlled garage with a cover on it and a cover on the cover. A blast to drive on a sunny day though. Nothing quite like it.