1953 Buick Grill Bar Wanted

LCD

To LCD,

How bad do you really need one would be the question.

This piece (aka A MUSTACHE) is one of the hardest to find 1953 Buick pieces in a replateable condition for the SUPER and ROADMASTER series. CARS has an NOS one listed WITH A TINY CRACK for $2,100. I would strongly suggest to find a good replateable one and then find a good chrome plater that will not lose the detail of the B U I C K letters.

Like a previous post, the SPECIAL series mustache doesn't stretch that easily! Good luck.

Al Mack

"500 miles West of Flint"

• 3 weeks later...

I have what I believe is a 1953 upper grill bar but I'm not sure what series its for. I can check the part number on the back or can you give me dimensions? It's a good used part although I haven't looked at it lately accurately to judge its condition. Thanks.

LCD - The grill bar I have has part number 1346801 on the back which is supposed to be for a 50 or 70 series, Super or Roadmaster. It is used, has some scuff marks and scrapes, no cracks or breaks in the metal and some light blistering on the driver's side. It will need to be rechromed to be show quality. Also have a diecast piece that is an extension piece that goes on one end of the grill bar. Not sure which end it goes on but can check if you're interested. $300 money order plus shipping for the grill bar only.

• 11 months later...