31 Buick vent handle

Guest arbys

Guest imported_arbys

The pot metal vent handle broke. Bob's had one in their 2004 catalog and was $23.50. When I looked up Bob's new catalog on line it was stainless and was $50.00. What is the quality of this new handle and is it all stainless and no pot metal?

Arbys,

I have purchased several items from Bob's over the years, and the quality has always been good.

Although the door handles I bought from Bob's years ago were "unfinished aluminum alloy", they cleaned up easily for plating.

I expect that any stainless steel alloy would be fine.

Guest Fr Mike

As an option, pot metal can be repaired. Check out "pot metal repair" on your browser. I have a '31 Buick, but have no problem (so far) with the vent handles. If one broke, I would repair it. If the repair didn't look good, I would have the unit plated. All the things I have ordered from Bob's have been good. Good luck!

Guest imported_arbys

Thanks for the info on the repair but think at $50 the new handle would be cheaper. My question is whether the new "stanless steel" handles from Bob's are any good and are they 100% stainless?

Guest Fr Mike

Order one and find out. It doesn't appear important to you to preserve the original equipment handle, and the handle is inside and not very visible, So go for Bob's repro, and let us know how it compares.

Maybe somebody would like to have your original equipment handle & repair it.