Lou's (Not) Margaret's '89 TC

Guest LouZ

These are pictures of Margaret's car ('89) it is almost as done as I will make it. You could classify it "As New" or maybe just a little better than that. It is completely detailed, and on the next post I'm going to show the engine and her name on the driver door..

post-49821-143137951343_thumb.jpg

post-49821-143137951348_thumb.jpg

post-49821-143137951353_thumb.jpg

post-49821-143137951358_thumb.jpg

post-49821-143137951363_thumb.jpg

Guest Reelhappy

Lou, Looking good would be an understatement. Fantastic looking cars. Liked the top hoist you installed. Any chance of getting some picture of the hoist and how they secure the tops? As I'm about to install a hoist in my garage, thank's to the hooks Mark made me, and would appreciate any ideas as to the hows and whys and what NOT to do.

Thanks

Hi, As you can see This is an oversized unit. The framework is actual 2"x4" not the 2'x2' normally found in these things. I live on 3 acres of Wooded Wonderland on Kerr Lake just outside of Clarksville VA. The house is set on the Corps of Enginerers line on the North side (Lake side) the 3 sided carport/barn is on the south side. 7 feet of heavily wooded area seperates me from my neighbor. the carport is on an angle so that 7' is only on a corner. The neighbor is very happy with the appearance. (let's see if he is just as happy when the leaves come off the hardwoods). The carport is 32' wide x 27' deep There is enough room in the center for the Pontoon. (but I never take it out of the water)it is fully covered on 3 sides except for the front 6' of sides. That is open, Roofed but the sides are open 6'h x 6'w. Roof is red (terra cotta). sides and gable end (back) are ivory/beige.. It was put on a slight grade so I added about 20 loads of dirt. Leveled it. Graveled it. & "rip Rapped the 3 to 1 grade I made.

That's it, it is very comfortable working in there. The trees shelter it entirely. When I drive out, up the little hill, thru the trees, Margaret says "I'm coming out of my Bat Cave.. It has no windows; but I am going to put 2 in the back wall. There are times when it needs some circulation. If you have any more Questions, Just Ask Lou

Lou, Thanks for the information on your carport- I have seen the usual one or two place ones but not the oversize one you put up. Very nice- I am looking into who can put one up before the weather closes in.I have a 30 x 36 foot pad that was poured last year for parking. Now I know what to put over it.

Guest ScottDWAH

Don't know if it's an optical 'delusion' or not, but it looks like the passenge side of your hood sits lower than the passenger fender with the bottom edge not lining up quite right. Also, it appears the cornering light in the passenger fender sits very low creating a larger gap on top. Is that right or is it just the picture?

Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't know. The mail just came and the lift strut I ordered for the storage compartment arrived (her's was week) so when I go up there later to install that on I'll check

Hey Scott,

You have a good eye. I just installed the lift for the storage on the '89. While I was there.. I checked the hood alignment, You were correct the Passenger side of the '89 took 1 full turn on the alignment pad, and the '91 took 3/4 turn on the same side. I never saw that, cause I never looked Ha..... Lou

Guest ScottDWAH

Glad to hear it. They are beautiful vehicles. Mine TC is now getting ready to be transproted up to Canada next week (way up north in Canada and I hope it stays warm). After we find a retirement home down south and some money is still available (hopefully), I'll probably get another TC.

Stay happy and healthy,

Scott