Brooks Senior Vanette

john2dameron

Hope someone can give me some information. I recently came across a delivery van similar to a Divco but the front was a continous line with only a small amount of curve to it. The name reads "Brooks Senior Vanette". Does anyone know where and when these were built. I would guess from the looks of the van that it was built in the '50's but I could easily be off a decade either way. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Jay 1124

Hello, John.

In addition to any response on the Forum, please click on "Library" on the Home Page. Therein, you will find information on how to submit any queries you have and the phone/address should you desire to speak with our library staff.

The AACA's library in Hershey, PA retains thousands of old vehicle spec sheets, literature, and, historical research material.

Regards,

PJH...

Hello Peter, Found no help at the library. What I think is that the van is probably some specific brand of vehicle with a commercial body on it. My wife even thinks the name is "Braaks" instead of "Brooks". I am not sure. I have also contacted the Stovebolter's site and the Antique Truck Historical Society site. Haven't came up with anything yet. I would try to post photos but I have had absolutely no luck with that. I'm going back and try to find a data plate somewhere on the van.

Thanks!

Jay 1124

I think the Vanette puzzle is solved. Fellow on the west coast sent me a link to a site that provided about 4-pages of info. Trucks were built on Ford chassis starting in 1935 and going into the sixties. The one I found appears to be a 1941 model. If you want to check the link out, go to:

http://www/coachbuilt.com/bui/t/transportatin_engineers/transportation_engineers.htm.

Thanks for the help

Jay 1124