advice?color- exhaust manifolds-56 olds

Guest imported_pete324rock

I've got a shiny green rocket motor and I would like some advice on what would be a good color for the exhaust manifolds-from the selection of Bill Hirsch colors.....black,grey,stainless and one other I can't recall.pete

more precise: space age black,space age aluminum,cast iron grey,stainless steel. I prefer grey but think the black would look better against the green.Grey is probably more correct.

yes ,I stumbled upon this product when I was doing an internet search-also supplied by Eastwood.Reminded me of a product that is used to blacken wood stoves and is applied like a shoe polish of sorts.Well if I had manifolds that looked as good as those featured on the web site,I would think that would be a real good product.However,my manifolds resembled the surface of the moon showing the over 50 years of heating and cooling-many deep craters of corrosion so I chose to grind all the surfaces using stones and flap disc unfortunately loosing all casting info but they do look good after beading for uniformity.I got brave and even cut out the webbing between ports.I had a nice set of spares I intended to use but discovered that the '55 manifolds though they look the same on the outside,have smaller ports so I'm was stuck with the oldies.Hope to stumble on some better ones some day.pete