Does anybody in Pittsburgh want to have a good time Saturday night?

Dave@Moon

The National Pike Chapter of the Buick Club of America will be having it's (now) annual Drive-In Tour beginning 5PM on this Saturday, 6/23. We'll be meeting for a drive-in restraunt dinner at Jerry's Curb Service in Bridgewater, PA (Beaver Co.). At 6PM we'll be leaving for a short tour, winding up at the Dependable Drive In for a double feature, Disney's Atlantis probably doubled with Pearl Harbor. <P>Both of these venues are <I> very </I> inexpensive, and this is one of the most fun events you can have in an antique car. <P>We'd welcome the company of any car who'd like to join us. If you don't mind parking next to a Buick, you're welcome to join us.<P>If you're interested, email the club at: natpikebca@classicar.com smile.gif" border="0

Dave ~ That subject line sounded like a proposition from a street hooker. Couldn't wait to read the post rolleyes.gif" border="0 You sure know how to get your posts read. wink.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Love to go, but that four letter word keeps getting in the way(work). Haven't been to Jerry's since I dated a girl from Monaca back in the early 70's.

The Chesapeake Region, AACA has organized a similar Saturday afternoon/early evening tour for August 25th - "Midsummer Night's Tour Around Charm City". This is billed as a scenic urban tour with stops for a special showing at the Maryland State Police Museum, chow at the Paper Moon Diner (no curb service, but a large old/antique toy collection), a stop at a nice garage collection of live neon signs - GM, Chevy and lots of petroliania, and ending up at an old fashioned ice cream parlor for treats. Anyone interested in joining us should e-mail teds_20886@yahoo.com, and we'll get you a flier in the mail.<P> grin.gif" border="0

Guest rcirilli

Dave that sounds like a great even. I would love to but I promised my wife a non car event for our anniversary. I booked a night a TARA and it happens to be the Friday night before and the Saturday morning of the Buick outing. While it isn't far away I think I would get worse than shot if I added it to the TARA experience. Thanks for letting us know. <P>Is it an annual event ?

One correction from the "hooker". wink.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0<P>The movies they'll be playing for our tour tommorrow night are Dr. Dolittle 2 and Shrek. Both are rated PG. The Atlantis movie this week is paired with a PG-13 movie not suitable for small kids, and I plan this tour each year to be family friendly.<P>So the "hooker" sometimes can have a heart of gold! smile.gif" border="0