Pleasant surprise at BCA national

Guest Reatta1

Guest Reatta1

Just got back from the BCA National in Washington State and am very pleased with the results. Had originaly registered the 88 for 'display only' but after some cajoling from 'Booreata', a 'look over' by both Booreata and Jim Finn I changed the entry to the 400 point judging. Despite the really bad paint on the hood, top and trunk lid, Black Beauty picked up a Bronze award. Considering I've never before entered a car in a show for judging and had no experience whatsoever in preping a car for judging, that is better than I could have expected. Many 'kudos' to Chuck and Jim for talking me into it. smile.gif

I think that all of us who attended had a great time. I know I and my wife did. For me (as a novice) it was a super learning process and experience. I not only learned more about my Reatta, but also so many other buicks as well as all the wonderful people who collect them. I look forward to reading more about and seeing some outstanding photos and information in the next few issues of the Bugle.

I believe there were four or five Reattas that took awards out of a field of Eight that ( I think) were judged in the 400 point class. I sure found out a few things about mine that I need to change. The Judges really know what they're doing and were very professional. I wish to express my personal thanks to the BCA, The three great North West BCA chapters (who did an outstanding job on sponsoring this years event)and our own Reatta division Judges who pass on to us thoes many years of knowledge about the Reatta.

Guest Reatta1

Nic, I won't know that untill I get the judging report from BCA which I have to submit a form request for. One I know for sure is the battery. I didn't have a Delco in it and I think someone said that is a 25 point deduction. Another could be the dice I forgot to take off the rearview mirror. I also saw them looking pretty hard at the trim surround on the drivers vent window which is warped a bit. Another possible could be the muffler as it is showing signs of burn through. Whatever it was, I'll work on those items before the next meet. I'm just thrilled to have gotten the bronze.