Oil Filter

Hello,

i have a Dodge Standard 6 (1928). I´m looking for an oil filter (adapter and spinn on filter ?), because it´s seems to be the original filter (1928 ?) and its very dirty. Which kind of oil do you use for this motor ?

Thanks,

Andreas

I also have a 1928 Std 6. I use a Frantz filter which uses a toilet paper element; really. I searched the internet and they are still made but very expensive in the $ 200 to $ 250 range

So, I would go to NAPA or Central Tractor Supply or Big Bear and get a unit which could be hooked up and which uses a modern spin on filter. Of course it is not original but will filter, which is more important.

I have used 30, 40 and 50 straight weights over the years figuring things were a bit loose inside. Did not seem to make much difference.

Now I use a 30 straight weight and change the oil every year whether I drive 10 or 200 miles a season. This seems to help the most because infrequent starts particularly in colder climates tends to put unburned rich fuel into the oil and cuts its effectiveness and oil pressure reading. Others probably have different methods.

Also, check your oil before each outing. They tend to leak more than burn oil plus once you put the filter on it will take up a cup or so. Keep the dip stick reading at the top line.

Best Wishs

Paul