Last Call on Certain Parts before Parts Car goes Bye-Bye.

Guido's clone (aka The Parts Car) is almost to the point where I am going to have what is left hauled away for scrap. I've pulled most of the parts I'm going to keep, but there are a few that I'm not keeping that are still good. I simply have no desire to store them once the car is gone. I anticipate scrapping the car in the next 30 days.

The first is the <span style="font-weight: bold">original Safeguard windscreen</span>, with Chryslerati emblem. There are no chips or cracks and only minimal "sandblasting". It is in surprisingly good shape for a 17 year old windscreen; I'd rate it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. $100 or best offer but you have to come get it. I'm not shipping it. The car is in the northern fringe of Central VA.

The second is the <span style="font-weight: bold">transmission</span>. The car is a 3.0 with 4 speed auto tranny with what appears to be 93,000 on it. The transmission does not slip when you stomp on the gas, and goes smoothly into drive or reverse and locks in park. I'm letting it go <span style="text-decoration: underline">really</span> cheap, but again, you have to come get it.

Lastly, the car has a 3.0 engine in it. The engine starts and runs, and the car drives. It will stall unless you keep your foot on the gas until warmed up, then it smooths out and will stay running. No idea what the problem is. So, if you are looking for parts from a 3.0, let me know. Under the hood is pretty much complete, excepting the brake system.

If you want the whole car, or at least what is left of it, which will basically be the engine, transmission, windscreen and chassis (should no one want the individual parts), I will sell the whole thing for $150.00. You come tow it away. Battery not included. :P

The car can be "driven" in that it starts, runs and moves. But I wouldn't go too fast because it doesn't stop too well. wink.gif I do routinely drive it around my property though, so it can be moved for when you want to work on it and tucked out of sight when you don't.

Gotta say CarChick, you have been very successful in 'parting' this car. I would think mostly because you advertised well and were very good at getting back to those that needed a certain part... Hard to belive that the shell still drives! Hopefully someone will recycle the rest.

Alan

Thanks, Alan. smile.gif I'm hoping someone will want the rest. I have the other smaller parts I've pulled to sell boxed and labeled and on the website. Still have more pics to add!

My philosophy is cars are meant to be driven and if I can help someone get their car going, or keep it on the road, then I feel good about doing my part to help. I've had people help me out in the past with difficult to find parts, so I'm trying to pass on the good Karma, so to speak. smile.gif I've met some really nice people as an added bonus!

Guest LouZ

Hey Steph,

There are 2 plastic hood lineup and anti shake pads on the fenders (1 on each side). they are just inside the radiator support, I need the left one and the 2 bolts and washers ??

Thanks, Lou

Guest LouZ

That looks like the piece...

As for the trans The seller that said the Chrysler dealer serviced the trans.. that was just more BS The fluid was changed but not with +4 fluid, we changed the fluid & screen used +4 fluid 2 tablespoons of Dot3 took it for a 50mi run, and it is now working (just another one of those oldtimer things Thanks, Lou

Guest genesmith

What ever happened to the turn signal stalk? I still need one and am getting desperate.

Gene @aebusserv@sbcglobal.net

Guest jerryjbennett

How about the little 2-bit parts? Like the plastic cover of the

drivers seat hinge (left side) and the protecting slide on the seat belt?

Same area. They were victims of a lot of smacking.

Sorry for the delays in responding to everyone - I've been out of town.

I don't have any good plastic parts from the seatbelts or the seat trim; the one piece I had is sold and the others are junk.

The windscreen is still available - I'm in Fredericksburg, VA.

I was looking through the shop manual trying to figure out how to remove the turn signal stalk - the instructions aren't very clear, but I will give it a shot today.