1936 Dodge

jujajj11

I have a 1936 Dodge sedan D2 with a 116" wheel base and a 1936 Dodge D2 rumble seat coupe with dual side mounts which is also a 116" wheel base. Can someone tell me if the coupe frame will interchange with the sedan frame without any modifications. Any help will be appreciated.

The shop manual only shows dimensions for one frame for 1936 D2. I also have a 36 Dodge coupe with regular fenders. I do have the sidemount fenders but not installed.

Guest imported_BobPer

The frame is the same, BUT, The 4-dr frame has short extensions rivoted on to the rear to extend it, and mount the rear bumper. So, you will need to drill out the rivots and remove these pieces, both left and right sides (mark them ahead of time to avoid confusion). If your putting the coupe body on the 4-dr frame, you'll want to drill these out before dropping the body on, because the rear apron on the coupe body will get hung up on these, and won't fit properly. If you're putting the 4-dr body on the coupe frame you'll want to bolt the extensions from the 4-dr frame to the rear of the coupe frame before installing the 4-dr body. Which combination are you doing, and what will you have as leftovers? Where are you located? Hope that helps.