Cord car

I own a car, also called a Cord, but its not an original Cord - its manufactured by a company in Oklahoma in the early-mid 60s, in Oklahoma I believe. This company had apparently licensed the Cord mechanical drawings, and essentially scaled down the 810 design to about 5/8's scale, and remanufactured the car - except that it uses a Corvair motor and a Chevy drivetrain, plus a host of "other" parts - some American, some European.<P>Its really quite different and unique - I believe about 110-120 were manufactured by this company before they went belly up. This particular car was originally owned by Dick Clark, and the car has an emblem on the dash with his name on it.<P>I'm trying to get information on this car, as well as find a club for this car - I understand their is/was one, but I can't seem to dig it up anywhere.<P>Please email me at sandefam@earthlink.net if you have any information that may be helpful.<P>Thanks.<BR>

Your car was built by Glen Pray who was a longtime Cord enthusiast. He was an enthusiast to the point where he purchased all of the drawings, parts, etc. from what was left of the original company. He sold original parts for original cars for years as well. Following the demise of his project with the Corvair engine, many other versions of a full-sized reproduction car and kit car were tried by others, one even producing a 4-door phaeton version. Some had hideaway headlights, most didn't. Later efforts used modern V-8 engines from Lincoln, Ford and Cadillac as I recall. Others will add to this thread today I'm sure, with better information. I'm going from memory. There's an old saying, "you can never go back", and maybe that applied here, but more likely the lack of billions in capital is why no new attempts to produce a car in the country have worked since WWII. Look at Kaiser/Frazer and Tucker.<p>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 03-18-2001).]