selling parts

I put a message here a couple days ago with some Reatta keyless entry remotes for sale. I've had several responses. What is the usual method of collecting the money /shipping the remotes ? I want to be fair but I do not want to put 100% faith in collecting after shipment.....

This buy/sell thing is a two way street. How does the buyer know they will get a good working remote after they send you the money?<P>In your case, we don't even have your email address. If you were registered, that info would be available for a follow-up should the buyer feel they received less than offered. <P>In addition, several of the people selling parts have been on the discussion page for months and have some references for good service. You must establish yourself as a reliable source for parts.<P>One way to make this work, is to actually talk to the buyer on the phone, exchange addresses, and then send the parts. You could also send them C.O.D. but that adds several dollars to the transaction.<P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest llaramie

I sent an email off to RickP to purchase one remote, as soon as I saw his post selling rke's.<BR>We agreed on a price, I sent him a money order. Within the past week, I received the remote keyless entry transmitter. I set it up with the other one I already had--They work fine. <BR>I think he may have more to sell. if you're interested, send him an email.<BR>He was a good person to do business with.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rickp:<BR><B>I put a message here a couple days ago with some Reatta keyless entry remotes for sale. I've had several responses. What is the usual method of collecting the money /shipping the remotes ? I want to be fair but I do not want to put 100% faith in collecting after shipment.....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Rick,<BR>Do you still have any remotes,If so I would be intrested in one,<BR>Tony<BR>