Firewall Relays

Howard

Much as been written of late regarding the fuel pump relay located on the firewall. There are 3 relays together. Starting with the one on the passenger side, that's the fuel pump, right? What is the function of the middle one and the one on the driver's side? Thanks in advance for the info.<BR>Howard

Howard, <P>You didn't say what year you are talking about. Here's what I've found to be true of my '90 coupe. The relay center located on the driver's side fender well next to the air filter housing has no fuel-related relays. The relays on the firewall are for the ABS brake system. <P>The fuel pump relay on my car is located under the center console, passenger side, directly under the CD player. There is a carpet-covered door over the compartment. The fuel pump relay is in the 'C' position, which is marked on the decal inside the compartment door. <P>Hope this helps.

Guest wally888

88, 89 and 90 relays. The 90, fuel pump relay is as stated in last post!<BR> 88 and 89 's have 3 relays on fire wall.<BR>Passenger side is Fuel pump, drivers side is Brake Pump Relay and middle is Main, for brake system.

I'm looking to replace the fuel relay in my 90 without a CD .... is the carpet panel that is mentioned in this post the same as the fuse panel on the passenger side of the console .... or are we talking another panel ...???? I'm working on the hard start problem and this will be the 3rd part I've replaced .....so far ...