Gas Odor Pointer Request

Guest jim_houston

Guest jim_houston

Hi Gang,<BR>A while back Barney found the solution to the problem some of us had with respect to an odor of gasoline in our car. I meant to print that message out and try to take a look there. I can't seem to find the message, and I'm wondering if someone could either point me to it, or recant what Barney told us to do. Barney - any help? Sorry for having to bring this discussion topic back up.<BR>Good Luck to the Colts tonight!<BR>Jim Houston<BR>Charleston, SC

After checking for all the normal places you would expect a gas leak, I stumbled on my problem while working on the relay box. <P>My problem was a gas tank vent hose that had come disconnected from the vapor canaster.<BR>That canaster is located in the left front of the engine compartment, under the relay box. <BR>You may be able to inspect the connection with a mirror but don't think you can get you hand in there. You must remove the relay box and probably the air filter box to gain access for your hand. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.