VIN decode-Think its a 41

1tondodge41

I was told the truck was a 41, but not exactly sure. can anyone help me decode the VIN so i can file for lost registration?

Here it is:

WF-32

this is on the Dodge Bros. tag, then there is another tag just below it with this number:

4112-183603

I have looked all over the net and cant seem to find any sites that do VIN's this old. any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Mike Boucher

According to my Mopar serial book, numbers from 81,335,001 to 81,434,685 were built between April 1944 and Dec 1947. If it is a WF 32 there should be some numbers somewhere that have the following information T-118-E-160. I think the T-118 is the engineering code(may be the start of the engine serial number),the E means 1-1/2 ton, the 160 is the wheelbase.

Guest Jobratedman

All the serial numbers for the 1939-1947 Dodge trucks are located in the database tables on the group forum for those trucks on the Yahoo group. The url is www.groups.yahoo.com/group/39-47dodge. That site is the forum/technical site and group discussion for the registry of those trucks. The registration site is www.39-47dodgetrucks.com

The serial number you gave, 81370443, is a 1946 one and one half ton truck, not a one ton pickup. It should have a 160" wheel base and a single speed rear axle with 20 inch wheels.

the 4112-xxxxx numbers indicate the body style, a closed cab truck with the style begun in 1941 and used through 1947.

Hope this helps.