Our parts guys...

Ronnie

I was just scanning over my latest Hagerty insurance magazine, a great magazine by the way, and I ran across an article by Aaron Robinson that I thoroughly enjoyed. He talks about how important it is to have parts vendors for unique cars like our Buick Reattas.  If you get the opportunity you should read the entire article.  The paragraph below summed up what I got out of it.

"We who like old cars, especially the orphans and the strange stuff, are reliant on our [parts] guys. They are the mad monks of the automotive landscape, the ones who keep the flames lit and the sacred teachings intact in wonderful indoor junkyards and steel-shelved temples of obsolescence.  Long after a car company has gone belly up or has forgotten about and abandoned it's old products, these guys keep us going by finding the obscure bits or having them made, and by counseling us when we're stuck."

As owners of what some would consider "odd ball" cars (I think of them as unique), we should be thankful for all the vendors who supply used and reproduction parts for our Reattas.

I won't try to name all the suppliers of Reatta parts here because I might leave someone out but I want to thank all of you who have supplied me with parts in the past and those of you who I may call upon for parts in the future.  If it weren't for you guys there would be a lot more Reattas sitting in the bone yards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1