Judging after the judging

Guest Chev Lover

Guest Chev Lover

Hi-I have a newbie question. I attended the Grand National Meet in Independence, Missouri. The judges went by and affixed the "judged" sticker on the windshield card. Then, a while later two teams of additional judges at different intervals looked at the car and crawled underneath. What was that for? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Your car was only judged once.   The AACA National Awards team (the guys in the yellow shirts) also look at cars for the National Awards that are given at the Philadelphia Annual Meeting every year.  Starting last year, a small group of National Awards team members also looked at cars to be considered for next year's Zenith Award.  So, you'll see folks looking over cars more than once, but the judging team that introduces themselves, quietly goes about their business and puts that "judged" sticker on your windshield card are the only judges for awards at that meet. Hope that clarifies what everyone is up to.

Terry

• Like 1

Guest Chev Lover

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure what everyone was up to! I was pleased they seemed to be interested. :)