For Sale: 1955 Ford F-100 Pickup - Completely Original, unrestored

I am listing this truck for a friend.  

The particulars, as I understand them:

1955 Ford 1/2 ton F-100 short bed pickup

80,000 Original Miles

Same family since purchased new in May 1955

272 Y-block V8

3 speed manual - column shift

The original owner passed this truck to his nephew, a friend of mine that I met where I worked for many years.  The truck is in Sneedville, TN and was used mostly around the farm and for hauling and running errands in that community.  I'm not sure when the family quit using the truck, but it was parked in a barn-type shed and covered up with blankets for several years.  It went several years - don't know how many - without being started.  From time to time, it was necessary to pull the truck out of the shed to get it out of the way, but it was always put back in.  As the shed deteriorated, the truck was pulled out as the shed was about to receive a new roof.  The present owner had the truck transported to a local guy who proceeded to soak the cylinders for a number of weeks.  During this time, the gas tank was removed and cleaned out.  After installing new spark plugs and re-installing the gas tank, the truck was started and ran pretty well, but the carburetor leaked pretty badly.  So, the carb received a new kit, and the fuel pump leaked, so its also got a new fuel pump.  It's my understanding that the truck runs fine now.

Each of the running boards has a hole rusted completely through - they will need to be replaced.  It's my understanding there is NO rust, NONE whatsoever to the body, anywhere.  The original black paint is still presentable, as is the interior.  Even the bed has the original wood from the factory - there are a couple of boards that have soft places about 2" long at one of the ends.

It's not often that you find one of these in original condition that is as nice as this one is.  The seller is asking $16,500.

Contact No. is 423-921-2502

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

IMG_0523.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0667.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...