1921 Dodge Brothers Touring SOLD

@31 Caddy 

Yes he built a body.  But he built the body when it was off of the chassis.  Whatever that chassis was.  Is the assumption that he took a 1931Cadillac, modified it into the Speedster we see today, and stuck an experimental PSA engine in it?

Again, not claiming to be right or wrong.  Just asking.

Edited by supercargirl (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, supercargirl said:

@31 Caddy 

Yes he built a body.  But he built the body when it was off of the chassis.  Whatever that chassis was.  Is the assumption that he took a 1931Cadillac, modified it into the Speedster we see today, and stuck an experimental PSA engine in it?

Again, not claiming to be right or wrong.  Just asking.

No ma'am, I would not make that assumption either. I don't see much else that is '31 Cadillac, although there may be some items. The skirted front fenders and running boards are similar to a '33 Cadillac, or a Packard within + or minus a few years of that. The grille shell and radiator is something altogether different. It is an interesting car, but is a collection of parts from various makes/years, along with some home made parts. This may be the norm for similar speedsters - I have no idea, and haven't a clue on how to value such a car. Thanks for sharing it on this forum, and best of luck with the sale.

Thank you sir.  This is a great forum.  Mind you this car isn't for sale right now.  It is just a subject of conversation because one of our eagle eyed forum readers spotted this unusual car in the background.  I personally don't know enough about the car to make any concrete judgements.  My posts are based on what you guys already know.  And wow that seems to be an awful lot.

Edited by supercargirl (see edit history)