1930 CJ doors

Hello, I am confused with my 1930 CJ doors. I removed the door panels in order to clean and repair the mechanisms inside, but to my surprise I cannot figure out how to remove inner metal panel. It seems to be welded. As I see it, the mechanism cannot be removed without removing the panel? What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance

Madis

door.jpg

door closeup.jpg

The window has to come out and you should be able to remove the mechanism through the window slot. There should be little clips holding the window weatherstrip in. With the window down, you can pull those out and the window can come out.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Hi Keiser. Yes, the windows came out easily. But window slot is only ca 2,5 cm and I can see screwhead inside (nuts outside). So if I remove nuts, the squared ones,  there is no way I can put it back together. And there are more to change from inside - weatherstrip clip holder attached to both sides from inside; bumper, where window must rest while down etc. Actually, my problem is broken door fixator that must be replaced. To my opinion, the door panel must be assembled with window mechanism before it is put on the door. There must be other way to open it up.

door closeup2.jpg

door closeup3.jpg

Mmmm....a little different setup than I thought. I can clearly see the problem now. Maybe the best bet is to weld a piece of metal on the broken door piece and reform to match the other side. Do you have a photo of what the original (last photo) looks like from the other door? Are they BOTH broken?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)