1905-10 Jackson racer car speedster brass radiator. WOW!

George Albright

Up for auction is a AMAZING original Briscoe radiator, off of a 1905,1906, or 1907 Jackson 2 cylinder touring car with the two cylinder motor model that cranked on the side of the car. This may be a  Model B, C, or D radiator.(The two and 4 cylinder models that cranked in the front appear to be the same radiator, but there is a hole in the radiator bottom to accommodate the crank handle for the cars front.) This is as close to a mint original radiator in all aspects as I have ever seen in my 40 plus year collecting brass ear automobile auto parts! To reproduce this radiator would cost in the $4,000 to $5,000 range. Sorry no other Jackson parts. Radiator is HEAVY! Opening at top is 2 5/8 inches,fine threads. It is 24 inches wide,22 1/2 inches high at the center, minus the water spout, and 4 inches thick. There are 4 mounting studs on the bottom. Only flaw I see is a small bend in the top output pipe in the back, which is easily fixed. This would make a signature front for a circa 1905 to 1910 racer, race car, speedster, etc. due to its appropriate shape for the era. Benjamin Briscoe of Detroit built the Maxwell and Briscoe cars, started United State Motors Corp. etc. Since pre 1900 his Briscoe Mfg. Co. built radiators and hoods and fenders to order. He built all the radiators for the Brush automobile, and this same tag is on those radiators. Thus this radiator is correct for any early car and race car, as you could have gone to the Briscoe Co. and bought this exact radiator off the shelf, as they were sold loose as well as to Jackson. Just Google "Briscoe Radiator or Briscoe Mfg. Co." for company ads, selling loose parts. Price to professionally wood crate and ship is $200 to the USA. Foreign crating and shipping for costs. You can store here for free until picked up, but must be paid for in full at end of auction. I reserve the right to end this auction early, as it is for sale locally. George Albright, Ocala, Fla   3--5---2---8---4---3---1---6---2---4--

post-104712-0-61159000-1445355982_thumb.

post-104712-0-77747900-1445355994_thumb.