What Radial Tire Size Equivalent Are You Using For Your 16" Tires?

Hi Guys,

Changing up my old 6.00 X 16" tires for newer/safer radial tires. I'd like to know what sizes some of you are using.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

I think they are fine. I am running the 225 75 16 on my stock 36 DB wheels, I think they are 4". I have the 215 70 16 on 35 Ford wire wheels on my 31 A coupe. See many others running the same thing. Also, I run them tubeless on those rigs too. My 36 DB pickup has a 6.00 16 Coker radial for the spare tire well in the right front fender as the new radials won't fit in the skinny well.

Those actually look pretty good Dave. I checked on the 215/70/16 and 215/75/16, both seem to be available sizes. BFG, Dunlop and Good Year all list the tire specs with a section width of approx. 8.5 inches which sounded a little wide for my 4 inch rims. They recommend a minimum 5.5 inch rim width but if yours are mounted on 4 inch rims and look quite proper, I'd be OK with that too.

You say the 215/75/16 is a little closer to original height of the 6.00X16 which I believe is between 28 and 29 inches?

Greg