one last question on micro relay center then I will try to answer questions I know

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

Still working on courtesy lights, when running diagnostic test on input side of Bcm all tests show change of state, hi to lo amd back. When checking output side of BCM test bo04 courtesy lamp relay test there is no change of state, stays in hi which If I remember is the off state. The next step is to check the relay in the micro relay center located in trunk above right rear wheel housing. There is a 6 position relay socket with 5 relays installed. The relay is in position B. I have removed the relay block trying to find socket B and cannot find any chart showing socket letters. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can anybody tell me which is the relay socket aka socket B

thanks to all. After this the car will be 100 percent working, even the headlights suggested light works.

Still working on courtesy lights, when running diagnostic test on input side of Bcm all tests show change of state, hi to lo amd back. When checking output side of BCM test bo04 courtesy lamp relay test there is no change of state, stays in hi which If I remember is the off state. The next step is to check the relay in the micro relay center located in trunk above right rear wheel housing. There is a 6 position relay socket with 5 relays installed. The relay is in position B. I have removed the relay block trying to find socket B and cannot find any chart showing socket letters. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can anybody tell me which is the relay socket aka socket B

thanks to all. After this the car will be 100 percent working, even the headlights suggested light works.

I am up the road in Deerfield Beach with a similar problem. I'll be hoping you get the answers. I need to put my interior back together before I can determine the extent of my gremlins.

Edited by waltmail (see edit history)

What year is this car? I'll check the FSM for the year in question later tonight and post an answer (assuming the FSM shows this diagram correctly; we all know how loose the factory service data is)

KDirk

Guest Richard D

Mine is a1990 and I do have a FSM for it. No matter what I do to turn on the courtesy lights, none come on. On the diagnosis it shows a hi to lo on display when turning on the dash slider switch, lifting either door handle or pushing the key fob courtesy light switch. The bcm output for the courtesy lights, test Bo04 the output state does not change. If I ground the negative terminal on the lights I can get to the dome lights come on. I really would love to know which socket in the micro relay center mounted on the right side wheel hump behind the ccarpet.Fsm says socket letter b. I can't find the socket locations on the relay block or fsm. HELP!

Guest Richard D

Waltmail and all, I found the page in the fsm that shows the relay layout. Try page 8A-202-26. Good luck to all.

Richard