Judging Question

paul455

I have been told that there is a point deduction for any licence other than a plate from the era of the car. I have a 70 Buick GS and recieved an invitation to Meadowbrook Hall concours, where we were givin a porcelin licence plate. Would there be any point deduction for displaying the plate on the car at Fall Hershey. I am very proud of this plate and would like to display it.<BR>Thanks<BR>Paul Gawel

Your information source is incorrect. The license plate at the rear of the car must be one that is legal in your state. Some states do permit year of car plates - others do not - there is no deduction for appropriate legal plates. Likewise there are no deductions for a properly mounted vanity plate, such as yours in the front of the car.

There is always the possibility that some AACA judges may have made an error regarding deductions for front license plates, however AACA judging rules do permit the types of plates mentioned in the initial post. However, there are other possibilities which in you anon input did not address - not appropriate license plate frames, poor condition of the plate, failure to wash it when you last washed the car, inappropriate or excessive badges attached to the plate, etc. However, any deduction there would be relatively minor and not in itself sufficient to have denied the owner an award.

• 2 weeks later...

Like everybody else said I think it depends on who judges the class. I was told from a long time AACA member that everything must be as it came from the dealer or factory. All emblems and license plates must be from that time and other emblems like FOP emblems must be off the car. But as I said I don't know the rule exactly.