Need Help Reading Date Code on old Allstate Tires

Guest woodyman

Guest woodyman

Newbie here but not new to old vehicles. My brother restores old vehicles. He asked me to do some research for him. He just started a 1935 Ford PU. With the pu he got 2 pickup loads of new parts. In the parts are 5 whitewall, Allstate tires. I was browsing this site and found a lot of info on Sears/Allstate Autos and auto parts. I joined the site hoping someone could help me with reading date codes on these 5 tires plus I like old cars and showed oldies for 30 years. My first car, in 1956, was a 34 ford 5 window coupe. As for these tires,

Here are the numbers/letters on the tires. All 5 tires have the size: 600x 16 and a letter code of D6D. The other numbers are as follows: 2 tires have 8301, The other three tires have 8351, 8291 and 8232, respectively. My guess is the 82 and 83 are part of the dating but?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, woody

Guest woodyman

Yes John, I think Mr Walling, being a Senior member, has been around the block several times and did not post this paticular catalog. woody

Guest woodyman

Here's the Code according to a tire selling website. They say the 1st. number is the Decade, ie: 50's - 60's - 70's would be 5 -6 -or 7. The second one or two numbers ,ie: 1 to 52 is the week of the year and the last number is the year in that particular decade. A number of 7148 would be: 7 = 70's Decade, 14 would be the 14th week in the year and 8 would be 1978. This code was used until the year 2000 when the DOT changed the system to what it is today. woody